Hello Reader. It's Emily. The posts you have just read are ones that I have compiled in order to tell the story of my dear friend, Anna. Her life is a tale of beautiful sorrow ending in a romantic tragedy. The following letters are the last two she wrote; the first to me and the second to James.
Dear Emily,
This will be my last letter to you. I have endured enough suffering in this life, and am ready to move on. I ended up coming home before the arts retreat ended, so that I could, once again, attempt to enjoy this beautiful city that I have loved so dearly. I cannot even say that I find any pleasure in being here anymore. I find no happiness in anything, and the only thing I can count on is the fact that James does love me. I know he does. The sad part is that this world has not allowed him to enjoy and embrace the love we have for each other. Only in death will we be together. I can only wait for liebestod. I am in peace knowing that we will be together in the after-life. So, now I will depart. I shall venture off into the unknown realm of the ethereal where my soul shall become transcendent, and my body will be of no use. I no longer feel like I am bound to my physical reality. A sort of disease rages on inside of me. The kind of disease that I spoke to Eve about; the kind that you can't cure.
Know that I have found a divine solace, dear Emily. Know that I shall die in peace because I have felt his love.
So, farewell! You have been an amazing friend! Always remember to feel! I shall see you in the next life my good friend! I hope the Golden Gate is left unguarded!
Love,
Anna
Anna's Letter to James:
To the love of my life:
Dearest James,
James, you are always with me. Always in my heart, in my thoughts. Every breath I have taken from the moment I met you has been in hopes of one day being with you. I love you. I love you. I love you. And, I know that you love me too. I saw it in your eyes the day we sat on that sacred bench - the day we shared the most passionate kiss of all time. As I stare at the beautiful night sky, I am reminded of your own perfection - of the perfection of us. For now we shall be apart, but we shall be together forever in the next life my love! Farewell! Farewell! Farewell! This life has been too much too handle...all I long for is you!
Love always,
Anna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment