MoMA Date for Three

Emily,

Oh, wretched state! Emily, I might as well be struck down by God this instant. You would not believe what happened when James showed up to tour the museum. He wasn’t alone! I almost died of agony upon their arrival – “their” meaning James and his fiancĂ©e Eve. Yes, you read that correctly. James is engaged, and to an undoubtedly respectable and quite attractive woman who works for the mayor! It’s a nightmare, an absolute nightmare! Why? I can hardly understand it. Eve is one of those people that believe in convention, and structure, and reason! She is probably the least passionate person I have ever met – no real charisma or vitality, nothing! Yet, she is something. She is HIS something, and what am I to do?

We got along I guess. We had the polite just-met-you-this-is-kind-of-awkward-but-let’s-pretend-it’s-not conversation, and everything kind of worked itself out. I gave them the tour, they were happy, and I, well I felt a thousand knives slicing at my insides the entire time. The worst part about it is that James seems to be content with her. Well, I guess any man would be. Enough about Eve though.

The real issue is that I cannot picture one moment of my future without James in it. He constantly occupies my every thought, and all I want more than anything in this world of simple-minded people and empty action is to be with him. I so desperately want to be with him, but right now I am refused the satisfaction of his presence, so I shall leave it to my dreams to create the happiness, the overwhelming emotion I feel when he and I are together.

- Anna

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Dear Anna,
No matter her material connection to him, Eve will never be able to comprehend real soul power like yours or the undeinable love between you and James.
-dimitri